Jacobs: Project Engineer
Jacobs® is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services with over 70,000 resources in 250+ offices worldwide. Building strong long-
term relationships is the key to our success as a company. To strengthen these lasting alliances, we partner with each client to better understand their objectives. This allows us to deliver superior quality on every project.
Performs a variety of routine assignments involved in either the coordination of various engineering, construction, purchasing, scheduling and start up aspects of a project, or the technical excellence of the EPC portion of a project across all disciplines and carrying out assignments as directed by a Project Manager.
Oversees the engineering activity (all disciplines) or designated portions of a project for a global business unit
· Plans and directs engineering and construction assignments on the project
· Have technical responsibilities for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating these assignments
· Supervises the engineering/construction activity on a relative small size project or designated portions of a larger project
· May exercise operational supervision over other project engineers when in a designated lead position
· Demonstrated strong knowledge of industry standards and design criteria within the engineering/construction industry.
· Strong knowledge of HSE procedures and practices
· Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures
· Proficient execution planning skills
· Strong in organizing and managing complex engineering activities
· Working knowledge of project control systems
· Working knowledge of the EPC business
· Knowledge of proposals and bid processes
· Strong procurement project experience
· Understands contractual requirements for the project
· Recognized Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or
· BS in an Engineering field with a minimum of 2/3 years’ experience as a Project Engineer
· Engineering Consultancy experience at the FEED/Detailed Engineering phases of projects as well as the procurement and construction phases of a project.
· Familiar with Engineering codes and standards required
· Advanced level knowledge of computer applications and other engineering tools required
· Professional Engineering certification in related discipline preferred
· Upstream oil and gas or pipeline experience
Jacobs, Zamel and Turbag Consulting Engineers (Jacobs ZATE) is the principal operating company of our global Jacobs organization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is a multi-discipline professional engineering and project management services provider to local projects with over 1,800 resources in our home offices and in the field across Saudi Arabia covering Downstream, Upstream, Petrochemicals and Buildings and Infrastructure projects. We also have large presence across the Middle East covering Bahrain, Qatar, UAE and Oman in addition to Saudi Arabia. The total regional strength is in excess of 2,500 resources.