Hay Al Sharooq International School: IT Support Technician
- Acts as first point of contact for all technology related requirements of the school and staff.
- Ensures that the school systems are available on 24*7 basis with minimal down time.
- Recommends cost effective and reliable IT solutions for the school.
- Maintains school website and uploads the approved information on the school website.
- Trouble shoots the issues and errors reported by the end users.
- Keeps records of all the equipments and maintains the stock of IT inventories.
- After seeking required approvals, places order of requested IT equipment’s viz Laptops, Computers, servers, recording tapes etc.
- Ensure that back-up of critical information is taken on daily basis.
- In charge of running updates released by IT vendors, on all the school systems, laptops and computers.
- Ensures that school systems are safe and secure.
- Regularly reviews the information security framework and recommend the required actions to ensure security, confidentiality of the parents and students information.
- Ensures that all the classrooms are equipped with required technology infrastructure and provide immediate support on need basis.
- In charge of reviewing and maintaining all the IT related AMC contracts.
- Reports all the issues / errors to the vendor and escalate to higher management of vendors if required.
- Prepares the requested reports.
- Provides assistance to management and teachers in maintaining electronic communications with parents and students.
- Ensures that no unauthorized softwares are installed on school’s IT properties.
- Based on request, advices students on IT related matters.
- Completes additional assignment given by the management.
- Ensures professional flow of communication and regular updates to the management.
- Calls that cannot be resolved by the first-line support function must be escalated to second-line support or other functions/agreed service providers, and problem tracked until the call has been resolved.
- Housekeeping of network cabling in rack.
- Manages inventory of IT hardware and software in production environment.
- Provide IT reports and statistics to IT Manager representative on a need basis.
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology.
- Software development abilities preferred.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- University graduate in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT support role. Experience in relevant industry will be an added advantage.
- Should be Omani national from Al Sharqyi region preferably from Sur.
- Candidate should be bilingual English and Arabic speaker.
- Excellent command in English. Satisfactory IELTS score of candidate is mandatory. Candidates who do not have a score will go through IELTS test.
- Good people management and relationship building skills
- Should be positive, friendly and flexible at work.
- Self-starter and should be able to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Hands on knowledge of procurement and maintenance of all IT equipment’s, hard ware and software.
Compensation: OMR 600 – 800 based on experience and qualification.